Tuesday, August 3, 2010

7 Best Things To see in Bali

Bali is one of the most popular island destinations in the world especially for honeymooners.The island's varied landscape of hills and rice terraces, beaches and volcanic sites has made this paradise a perfect holidays to choose.My trip to Bali with my colleagues gave me an answer why people love to spend their holidays here.There are so many things to see and to do in this 'Island of the Gods'.Below I listed down some of the best things to see in Bali that totally based on my personal experience and opinion.

1. Sunset/sunrise

Once in Bali, watching the sunset and sunrise is a must.I believe that everyone who has been to Bali agreed that the sunset and sunrise at Bali offer such a magnificient view if the weather allows.The famous tourist spot to watch the sunset is at the Tanah Lot.I arrived there around 6pm and watched the sun went down and slowly disappeared in front of my eyes.The sky was orange in colour that created a romantic moment and a breathtaking panorama of the surrounding.While for sunrise, i catched it at the Jinbaran Beach nearby the hotel.I didn't regret to wake up very early in the morning just to see the spectacular sunrise moment.

2. Cultural Dances

Bali is renowned for its variety of cultural dances.As majority of the Bali's population adheres to Hinduism, the balinese dances are often influenced from the Hindu epics such as Ramayana.I have the chance to watch two Balinese dances when i was in Bali.Those are the Kecak Dance and the Barong Dance.I really enjoyed the Kecak Dance performance as it was performed by a group of men sitting in circle and repeatedly chant 'kechak cak' where indirectly become a background music of the show.

3. Paddy Terrace

Looking at the lush-greenery of paddy terrace at Tegallalang is actually a good therapy to relax our mind and to exercise our eyes.Surrounded by cool atmosphere due to it's location at the hillside, paddy terrace area in Tegallalang provide a picturesque panorama and fresh air suitable for relaxing.My short break at the area make me feel so calm and peace.This is one common view and one attraction not to be missed when visiting Bali.

4. Volcanic Site

As Indonesia lies along the Pacific Ring of Fire, Bali is no exception to experience a series of earthquake and volcanic eruption.Two famous active volcanoes to see in Bali are Mount Agung and Mount Batur.My journey by mini bus to Kintamani, where the Mount Batur lies left an unforgettable memory as it was my first time visiting the volcanic site.The surrounding is cold and awesome with the Mountain stand still seems ready to explode.Having my lunch at the local restaurant facing the mountain was absolutely a perfect day.Later,my visit to Lake Batur that created from the eruption of the mountain just added some sugar to the trip.

5. Beaches

Famous among the tourist, Kuta Beach has become a favourite for everyone who looks for water sport.The beach stretches as far as the eyes can see.The waves are suitable for surfing,that's one of the reason why the beach is always packed with surfers all around the world.I was lucky to stay at the hotel nearby the beach.I love to stroll along the beach watching people playing beach soccer,sunbathers in colourful swimsuit,paragliders in the air, masseurs doing their job..what more i can say.The beach is lively with different of activities.Besides Kuta, some other beaches such as Nusa Dua and Jinbaran offer a different panorama where these area preferred by people seeking for quite environment.

6. Arts & Crafts

Planning to bring something back home, Ubud area, Celuk and Mas village are the right places to go.Ubud is the place to look for amazing and quality painting but cheap in price.While Celuk and Mas village are home to wood carving and silver jewelery that offer variety of hand-made stuff.Watching the locals made the furniture using their own hands was a great experience.It is not an easy stuff but with the skill learned at an early age,the result is superb.

7. Temples

Hinduism is the most dominant religion being practice in Bali.It is no surprise to see countless of temples around the island.Either it is small or big temple,one thing for sure all of them carry the same Balinese architecture with the wall carving influenced from the ancient Hindu era.My visit to Taman Ayun Temple helped me to know about the Balinese culture and tradition even better.I'm impressed to see the multistoried roof and the surrounding of the temple which seems so peace and harmony.

I believe that Bali has a lot more to offer than what in this list. I wish I will have a chance to visit this Island again and explore another part of it.Bali,see you soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Live Cricket